Saturday, 10 November 2012

In the Pink

As I mentioned last time, pink is not a colour I am drawn towards.  My Promarker collection reflects this - I have a grand total of four pinks - pastel pink, magenta, pink mittens and wild cranberry.  Blending is a challenge - the tones aren't that close to each other!  I've used a digi stamp from Dearie Dolls printed onto Centura Pearl card stock (and the only time I've successfully got my Epsom to accept it!)


I used winter berry and a couple of greys to overlay to give me a broader range, but she's still ended up looking a little like she got dressed in the dark (my son's reaction was "Argh!  Why has she ripped the snowman's head off?!", so perhaps she deserves a wardrobe malfunction...!)


I've added glaze to the snowflakes, the carrot, their eyes and her shoes.  The backing papers are all from Nitwits and came free with a magazine.  I've cut into the argyle-y one to frame the bottom of the digistamp.  The pink crystals come from a candle making set from the early 90s - I can't bear to throw anything out, even if I can't see how I'll ever use it!  The snowflake is a wooden lazercut, painted with white acrylic and decorated with glitter and a little button.  And there you have it - one, out of character, pink card!

Entering into the following challenges:  Paper Cupcake Pretty In Pink and I Love Promarkers Pretty In Pink.

Despite my protests, this was an enjoyable card to make and it's good to do something a little different to the norm.



4 comments:

  1. Awww this so sweet, love the image and style of your card. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card.....your colouring looks fabulous and I love the cute image!
    Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers x

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty, thanks for joining us over There's Magic in the Air for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete