Wednesday 20 April 2011

Itty Bitty Bunnies

Easter is just around the corner, and there's not much time left to make crafty things for it.  But Anna at Mochimochi Land has generously offered a free pattern for the teeniest knitted bunnies.  These take about half an hour from start to finish to whip up.  I couldn't resist making a few for myself!


The smaller ones I knitted using 4 ply wool and 2.25mm needles as the pattern suggested.  Mama Bunny used DK wool and 3mm needles.  I did manage to snap one of my beloved Symfonie 2.25mm dpns - I am so grateful that they supply 6 of them for such accidents!  You can see the broken dpn in the foreground of this shot (and you probably heard my wail when it snapped!):


I also discovered the 1000 Cranes Appeal on Miya Company's website.  For each picture of an origami crane they receive, they'll donate $5 to Save the Children for Japan's relief and recovery, up to a total of 1000 cranes.  If you don't know how to fold the crane, they have a pdf file you can download to help you.  My son and I spent a while folding cranes outside today, although typically, a breeze started up when I wanted to photograph them, so they're all a bit less posed than I wanted them to be!


And a less pterodactyl-y shot of a couple of them...


If I don't blog again before, have a wonderful Easter everyone :) 


3 comments:

  1. Paper cranes are so pretty. I learnt how to make them at school from the Japanese exchange students but I'm sure I have forgotten how by now.

    I imagine they have reached their target alread, but I love that you've used pretty paper for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they haven't updated their website or facebook status to say they've reached their target, so I'm guessing they still want more.

    The paper is pretty, but far too heavy for origami really - my cranes have some pretty squished heads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cranes! Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete