Wednesday 27 February 2013

Popping in!

So, I got a bit bogged down with Christmas, hence the lack of posts and the start of 2013 has just whizzed by!  I did finally finish those socks for Dad - and the picture represents how December went (in a blur!)


Look at how close to finishing the toes I was before running out of yarn!  My frugal streak kicked in, and I finished off with a different grey sock yarn rather than buying another ball.  Sorry, Dad!  I do love this herringbone pattern as they look really smart on but you need to be a little watchful as it drastically reduces the socks ability to stretch.  They fit beautifully once they're on, but they do put up a little bit of a fight going over Dad's heels.

There are quite a few more Christmas projects to share, but for now I'm going to skip straight on to "now"!  Namely, playing with the great free digi stamp offered by Torico at Birdie Brown.  It's sewing themed and gorgeous!  This is what I made with it first....


I coloured the digi stamp with Promarkers in all the brown shades I own - the foxy brown I would love to find in a yarn to match, but that's another story!  I added paper glaze to the pins and the "glass" to give it some depth.  I used some free sewing themed papers from a craft magazine for the background and used my new Grand Calibur and dies (squee!).  I coloured some dressmakers pins and pearl hearts to match and used a tiny bit of haberdashery ribbon from The Fabric House embellished with a very special button that my father made for me from a Rowan branch, tied on with 2mm ribbon.  I really love how this card has turned out and am sorely tempted to send it to myself for my next birthday!

Entering into the following challenges:

Birdie Brown February Challenge with huge thanks for this lovely stamp!
I Love Promarkers Lace and Pearl Challenge
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenges - Dies and Punches

I have another project to share using this digi stamp, which I'll post once I've answered DS's call for food!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely and sweet card! Love the embellishments you used. Thank you for joining in this month's challenge at Birdie Brown.

    Birdie Brown ~Torico

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab card ,love the image and your ribbon is awesome
    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers and good luck in the challenges
    Traceyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and great for our dies & punches challenge at Crafty Catz. Tanks for joining hope to see you next week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. I love the image and pretty embellies

    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi – It’s good to read such interesting stuff on the Internet as I have been able to discover here. I agree with much of what is written here and I’ll be coming back to this website again.
    Thanks again for posting such great reading material!! To get new information visit here
    mobile coffee vans brisbane
    mobile coffee van brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Discovery plus mod apk is an amazing entertainment app that is suitable for all ages. It has a wide range of content, from movies and TV shows to games and activities. The app is easy to use and provides a fun and engaging experience. For more Info visit us at https://ninjaapk.com/discovery-plus/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mod Apk is a popular app that allows users to change the look and feel of their games. It is available for both Android and iOS devices. The app has a variety of features, including the ability to change the background, graphics, and sound. For more Info visit this website.

    ReplyDelete