Thursday 8 November 2012

More Birdie Brown!

I am totally in love with the digi stamps designed by Torico of Birdie Brown - they're easy for a beginner like me to colour and are charming without being overly cutesy.  There's a good selection of free stamps available  and more to buy from her etsy shop (the robots!).

First up is another of November's digistamps Just For You, made into a small hendacagon box (11 sides).  I made the box template in Serif by butting up a small rectangle to a hendacagon shape made using the Shapes feature.  By copying, pasting and shrinking it slightly, it's given me a perfect fit between the lid and the base.


I used Promarkers to colour the image and I *will* master a blended black hat eventually!  But not today...  To mask the overblended area that refused to be fixed, I've added glazed holly leaf punch outs and clear crystals coloured red with a promarker.  There's also clear glaze and glitter accents. 


The sides of the box are decorated with ribbons and ric rac with a snowflake glued to the bow.  I plan on filling the box with handmade chocolate rum truffles for Christmas.  I'm entering the box into the Anything but a Card challenge over at Sweet 'n Sassy and the Anything Goes challenge at the Anything Challenges blog, plus, of course, the November Challenge at Birdie Brown.  

To add some variety into my Christmas crafting, the next image I played with the Dreaming Birds images and made two cards.


This card has soft pastel colours, a delicate paper doily, a little flower and pearl heart embellishment...


And buttons!

For the second card, I used promarkers to give the larger bird a rainbow wing, and then teamed it with lots of rainbow ribbon.  The floral border stopper I made in serif - the flowers are just circles and hearts.  By copying and pasting them in different sizes, it was easy to make a little floral strip.


I'm entering the rainbow card into the In the Garden challenge over at the Passion for Promarker blog.

Next up will be something pink for a couple of pink challenges - this will be interesting as it's not a colour I'm particularly fond of and certainly not one that I'd gravitate towards if left to my own devices!  Plus, it'll keep me occupied whilst I'm waiting for these to arrive....




7 comments:

  1. OMG... These are GORGEOUS!! Now I really want to get this box on my hand!! It's so creative and beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Torico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you email me your address, it's all yours! My thank you for all the great images you create :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful box! Thanks for joining in the Sweet n Sassy Digi Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww your box is gorgeous.... and it certainly doesn't look like you're a beginner with colouring!! I think I may have to treat myself to that image too! Btw.. if you're struggling with black blending... just try using the darker grey shades rather than black. But I've always struggled with it too so who am I to advise?!!

    Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes... hope to see you again soon!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm just building my promarker collection, and when I did this box I was limited to trying to blend black with a cool grey 2! But I've just had a package drop through the letterbox from Letraset with the gap filling greys, so I'm hoping it'll get easier...

      Really enjoy seeing what everyone is creating for the challenges, and picking up hints on the way. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous gift box! Both projects are adorable. Thanks for playing along with the "Anything but a card challenge" at Sweet 'n Sassy digi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brillant looking cards..i love the rainbow ribbon as well as the images..super fabulous...thanks for joining us at PFP this week.

    ReplyDelete